Monday, January 26, 2015

Vulturium Memoriae Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?

Hi,
well, nothing special in reality, I'm simply waiting the release date of the album, February 14th (yes, the Valentine's Day) but in the meantime, I am noticing that a lot of people, of different countries, are developing interest around my music and that's great.

2.You had just released an album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Mmm... I cannot describe it in clear way, I don't want in reality, because I would like that they were the people to describe what they feel, having listened to it.
Vulturium Memoriae is a project "open", each can feel protagonist of the disk, when they have it in the ears becoming an unique thing with it.
The only thing that I can tell the respect of "Nato For Unknown Reasons", just to listen the album, nothing more, nothing less.
It's an individual experience of growth, I can't say to other people what they must perceive from my music.

3.What are some of the concepts and images you bring out with your musical sound?

My inner world, the way that I see things, music is just the soundtrack of my mind.
Walk, for me, it's a religious ritual of research, between memories and landscapes that I through.

4.All of the songs are instrumental, are you planning on using vocals in the future or do you feel this style of music is meant to stay instrumental?

For now I don't have a singer for my next albums, but, i would like it.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Vulturium Memoriae'?

“Vulturium” is the ancient latin name of my hometown, Voltri, so the meaning is “Voltri's Memories”, it's a little tribute of this place that keeps gifting to me inspiration for music and grow my person.
It's a some kind of personal church.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with any other musicians on this project in the future?

No, i don't think.
Maybe some little collaboration, but nothing more.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to the album by fans of dark and underground music?

For now, the feedback comes from worldwide black metal listeners.
And it is very good, many persons have appreciated the album.

8.What is going on with some of the other musical projects or bands these days that you are a part off?

I'm recording the new Macabre Enslaver album, in these months.
But i don't want to anticipate nothing.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I imagine myself in the same today situation.
But, i hope to leave music, society in general and dedicate myself in a spiritual existence.
But, who knows?

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Christian Death, Nadja, The Cure, Lycia, Lady Gaga, Madonna (“Ray Of Light”), Marilyn Manson (“Mechanical Animals”), Terminator O.S.T., Lurker Of Chalice/Leviathan, Nine Inch Nails, Cocteatu Twins, Julee Cruise, Xasthur/Nocturnal Poisoning, Chelsea Wolfe, Marissa Nadler, Robert Miles, Enigma, Burzum ambient works, Kraut/Ambient and many other artists.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

Books, footing/walking, nature, food, friends, family, my cats and even the stray cats... myself...
Very interesting uh?

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Haha, I hate this kind of questions, because i'm not dying, but I take the opportunity to bring my best regards to Tara and Mike from Lycia.
And, of course, thank you all of the staff, for the space that you have given me here.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment