Atrum Inritus delivers a message of the power contained within the void between life and death. Created by Eversor, Abyssus and Vindicare in 2010 with Occipitus and Crepitus rounding out the project a few months after its inception. Atrum Inritus resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Atrum Inritus is not concerned with impressing people with our technical abilities or providing a sound that is easy to absorb. We call out to the darkness and its answer is what comes through us.The most accurate description in summary would be Brooding, Cold Atmospheric Black Metal.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Our lyrical content is based on our insatiable desire for the knowledge that has been hidden from the human race and the disgust we feel from those that ignore it.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Atrum Inritus translates to “ Void of Light “ Simply put, it is the darkness, in meaning and inspiration.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance, also have you had any opportunities to do shows outside of Minnesota?
Our CD release show was the only time we have performed our ritual for the public. The ritual is performed in candlelight without stage lighting as braziers fill the room with incense. Vindicare’s keyboard stand serves as the altar for the wine and chalice. We have turned down several offers for other shows based on the other bands on the bill and the venues in which they are set. Atrum Inritus is not a band that will perform for the sake of performing. Our ritual is an event that is done on our time and under our circumstances.
6. Do you any touring plans for the new album?
We are planning for spring/summer 2012 US touring. More information will be announced when the preparations have been completed.
7. Currently you are signed to Altar Of The Dead Productions, how did you get in contact with label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far, in addition do you feel honored to be the first release on this label?
Altar of the Dead Productions is co-owned by Abyssus and Eversor. Therefore, it was appropriate for Atrum Inritus to be the first band to be under the Altar of the Dead banner.
8. I noticed that the hidden track was a cover of Emperor's Ancient Queen what made you decide to pick this song for the cover tune?
Emperor has been very impactful in Black Metal and a favorite of all members of
Atrum Inritus. Vindicare, a female, is front and center delivering our message. She embodies the energy of the Ancient Queen.
9. On a worldwide level how has your music been received by black metal fans?
The reviews and feedback we have received thus far have been positive.
10. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Atrum Inritus will continue to craft the sound captured on “ Prognatus in
Vorago “ but the energies channeled in and around us will always determine our sound.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Music of all genres and styles influence us.
12. How would you describe your views on Satanism or Occultism and what are your main inspirations from the black arts, I have noticed that there is the armchair people who read but practice nothing, there is also the people that have studied and practice rituals, where do you stand at in this field?
Atrum Inritus is immersed in the Occult in theory and practice.
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
See answer to question 12
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
We thank you for your interest. You will all be hearing more from us in the near future.